Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Something beautiful

Being a keen snowboarder, to me there is nothing more beautiful than fresh, untracked powder snow. It's something you don't get to see much in the southern hemisphere due to pitiful snowfalls, but when you do, you can really appreciate it's beauty. Not only is it beautiful because of what it means for me as a snowboarder (tonnes of fun), but it is just one of nature's picturesque wonders that you often really have to seek out to experience. Looking out over a field of perfectly smooth, unmarked white on a still, clear day, with no trace of human intervention, is really quite breathtaking.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rory, I'm in your ARCH 1101 tute.

    This is excellent, have you joined the NEWSKi society? I'm excited about the NZ trip! I hope there's snow like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Monika, no I haven't, I'm guessing you have? I probably should, just don't know if I can afford to go to New Zealand this year...

    ReplyDelete