Sunday, May 2, 2010

5 final screenshots

I realise I will be penalised for this, but I tried and tried to transfer textures from sketchup to to sandbox without success. I have no idea what the problem is - it infuriated me! My model is therefore regrettably blank, but I wasn't sure what else I could do. I have also included in this section images of my final three textures so you can at least see what they should have looked like.

My model allows ease of access for both Darwin and Hawking, with a slope leading up to the front of the structure and ramps leading to all areas. Hawking's studio is on the left (when looking from the front), with easier wheelchair access, and a shorter distance to travel. Darwin's studio is on the right. Both scientists have been given some cover but are largely exposed to nature when in their studios, aiding their studies. Both scientists have spectacular and inspirational views. When moving to the meeting point, the scientists physically travel higher, representing the evolution of their combined ideas.

The height of the meeting point indicates that collaboration can lead to more successful thinking.

The scientists must climb from their already high studios to the even higher studio.

If my textures had worked, the meeting point would have been light and the two studios would have been darker, further promoting the idea of collaboration.


This is what my textures would have looked like...






No comments:

Post a Comment